about drains made simple
Striving for Excellence in Food Sanitation
Drains Made Simple was founded to solve the problem of fruit fly mitigation for food service operations and operators. We specialize in food service operations be they restaurants, nursing homes, hotels or any other institutional account where food is served on a regular basis.
A Superior Solution to a Common Problem
We are not exterminators! We are experts in sanitation, the predicate of any pest control program.
Every facility we have worked with has experienced a fruit fly problem from time to time. There is nothing to worry about. Our sanitation program solves your fruit fly problems and creates a standard of cleanliness that can be maintained. And THAT’s what we pride ourselves on!
Why Fruit Flys?
Fruit flies need to be addressed because food service sanitation issues have become elevated to the point where people can be fined or even shut down as it relates to fruit fly infestations by your local inspectors.
Important Fruit Fly Facts
- Fruit flies gather near the surface of overly ripened fruits and vegetables.
- They also prefer areas where wine, beer and soda products are stored because they like food which is fermented.
- Fruit flies can live and breathe in drains, around garbage cans, and damp mops, linens and rags.
- They can lay 500 eggs at a time. About 30 hours later, larvae emerge and feed on the food, grease, fats and oils in the drains.
- Fruit flies take to air within a week and live up to 30 days.
DMS Deep Drain Cleaning Service
DMS has a three-step proprietary deep drain cleaning process.
First, we use a solution that breaks down all fats, oils, and grease (FOGs) trapped in drains.
Second, we scrape out all particles left behind.
Steam & Boil
Third, we use over 200° steam and a chemical solution to boil out and sanitize drains, removing odor and improving flow.